Familiarity with computer system
- Awareness about different aspects regarding computer hardware such as generation
- Types of computer
- input Device
- Output devices
- Hardware components such as central Processing Unit (CPU) like arithmetic logic unit, control unit,
- Memory unit
- Universal serial bus USB,
- Liquid crystal display (LCD),
- Motherboard, Sound card ,Graphics card and related concepts;
- Input devices such Keyboard, Mouse, Light pen, Touch screen, Graphics tablets ,Joystick ,Microphone, Optical character reader(OCR), MICR, Scanner, Digital or web camera, Card reader, Barcode reader, Bio-metric sensor
- Output devices such as Monitor or visual display unit, Printer (impact or non impact) ,Speaker, Plotter
- Secondary Storage devices such as USB pen drives, Floppy Disk ,Compact Disk (CD), Digital Video Disc (DVD), Blue Ray Disk, Solid State Drive etc.
- Awareness regarding different aspects about computer software including software categories such as System Software, Application Software, Embedded Software, Proprietary Software, Open Source Software
- Computer language such as Machine Level Language, Assembly Level Language, High Level Language, Interpreter, Compiler
- Operating System such as Windows and LINUX etc.
- Concept of Memory Units such as Bit ,Byte ,Megabyte ,Gigabyte, Terabyte etc.
Knowledge of basic computer operations
- Awareness of generic steps required for setting up a computer
- Booting and shutting down,
- logging on and off to a network,
- Determining an IP address
- Verifying physical connectivity to a network
- Installing and updating software packages
- Disabling applications from running on start-up
- Uninstalling a software from computer
- Customizing desktop background
- resizing Windows
- Volume control of computer
- setting up a new printer or webcam or scanner or other peripheral devices
- Understanding of steps to protect computers from power disturbances and basic troubleshooting including power backups.
- Awareness of System Administration and Security concepts such as setting options and preferences in an Operating System;
- encryption of data;
- keeping personal data private and Secure;
- creating strong password; changing password;
- checking a system for bugs, spyware or other malicious application through virus scanners;
Awareness of concept and process related to file management functions such as copying file to memory disk, undoing mistakes, using default help modules, connecting to the Internet and downloading and uploading files, setup and printing of documents compressing files; identifying and selecting suitable file formats and using them for transferring data.
Proficiency in general it skills
Word processing skills such as creating a document ,using spell check, creating tables, working with headers or footers, mail merge, document formatting etc. and common word processing related keyboard commands
Numeric skills to deal with numbers and digits, using formulas, references, macros, tables ,graphics through spreadsheet and common keyboard commands for spreadsheets. Presentation skill for sharing and understanding data in form of charts graphs and data.
Internet skills such as using search engine effectively to get the best desired result within short time ;uploading and downloading information from the internet and uses of Internet applications such as websites, browsers, blogs and Internet services such as Email, video conferencing, Online collaboration etc.